Monday, September 1, 2008

How do you decorate for autumn?

It's getting cool in New England. Farmers are selling their pumpkins. The school buses start rolling tomorrow.

As much as I'll miss the summer, I love the fall: the breezes, the foliage, the decorating. I plan to put out autumn wreaths, gourds and a big bowl of apples this week.

What do you do around your home to mark the change in seasons? If you've got a photo or a blog post you'd like to share, please email me or leave a comment here with a link for a roundup later this week.

I'm leaving you with a final look at summer: Above is a house on Loon Island in Newfound Lake in New Hampshire, where we vacationed this summer (at the lake, not that house. But, wouldn't that have been fun?).

And a tip for next year: Here's a good way (above) to stay warm and dry while touring Newfound Lake when the rain unexpectedly appears.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I can't wait to decorate for fall! I bring in lots of natural elements, then once Halloween hits, I bust out all the fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to decorate our home for autumn with a "Sold" sign on the front lawn. And maybe some mums.

Thank you for posting the picture of Newfound Lake. I so love it there. We lived in NH for a time and vacationed at the lake. What a gorgeous place and what good memories! I MISS NH...

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Yes, I'm soooo looking forward to fall too!!

I love that last picture of you. Reminds me a bit of cousin "IT" from the Adam's Family :)

Blessings,

Sher

Trixi said...

I'm looking forward to fall, also but it will be a month before the temps. really reflect fall around here.

A Romantic Porch said...

That tiny house in the water...my oh my...it looks fun! xo rachel