Friday, June 27, 2008

Will you stop sleeping on my lawn now?

Since I posted an item about how my talented friend Chris frames her children's artwork and displays it over her desk, she's been all over me for more blog time. She goes on and on about how it changed her life: she's happier; her hair is softer; fruit tastes fresher.

So, she's been really busy trying to get my attention: Spray painted her dog (good for furniture, Chris, not animals); upholstered her children (again, nice effort); wallpapered her car (I really don't know what to say...).

Then she finally hit on something: She had a big frameless mirror so she smashed a bunch of dishes (I think she does that pretty regularly anyway) and glued the pieces on the mirror, making herself a mosaic frame.

Then she made it the centerpiece of an art wall in her family room.

Good idea, no? Can't wait for the next one...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

I'mjustsayin said...

Hi Mary
Fabulous Web site. A person of good taste and good ideas who has a sense of humor.
By the way, one of the smashed things surrounding that mirror is the wedding gift I bought her.
And a Christmas gift I gave her years ago provided the shards for a coffee table.
I see a pattern here and I don't like it.

Hope you and Tony and Jude are well.
Love,
Carol

Mary said...

Thanks, Carol! I figure I can keep the blog up for years with stuff Chris smashes.

Marie Force said...

Mary,
I think I see some of the pottery I brought her back from Spain smashed into the mosaic along with Carol's dishes. I say we cross her off our Christmas lists!
xo
Marie

Jan Ross said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love some of your ideas!

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! You have great ideas here. Love this mirror...sounds like great therapy to me!