Friday, June 20, 2008

If only you needed a stamp for email…

The U.S. Postal Service this week issued a pane of 16 stamps honoring American designers Charles and Ray Eames. And I must say I love them.

Even though the couple worked in architecture, furniture design, manufacturing and photographic arts, Charles (1907-1978) and Ray (1912–1988) are probably best known for making modern design accessible to the general public post-WWII.

(They are responsible for the iconic stackable molded chairs that you probably recognize even if you didn’t know the name Eames.)

The pane of stamps is beautiful, don’t you think? Since we hardly ever mail stuff anymore…and who wants to waste such a nice stamp on the electric company anyway…what to do with them?

You can frame them...a modern, floating frame would look best.

Want to learn more? Check out the Eames Foundation, where you can also browse/buy a lot of cool products.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Esther said...

Great idea! I have two sheets of stamps that a friend made for me at Stamps.com using a treasured photograph, and I've been thinking of framing one of them, they're so nice. I think it would look great hanging up. And really, how many stamps do I need?

Nice blog, btw.

nonlineargirl said...

I think I will have to get these for my brother-in-law. He got me Buckminster Fuller stamps a while back.